As summertime reaches its peak, local parks and fire escapes fill with people looking to take full advantage of all this season offers. Who can pass on the sunshine, the longer days, and most importantly, the summertime food? This summer, make the most of it with all your favorite warm-weather classics, made cruelty-free by the experts at Willow in NYC! There’s no better place to start than a heaping plate of BBQ vegan ribs.
When preparing a meal on the Willow menu, the chefs aim for a difficult balancing act. For every ounce of comfort and familiarity, a Willow meal offers equal amounts of surprise, elegance, and sophistication. By taking a break in our homey environment, you’re doing more than enjoying a meal; you’re taking part in a culinary experience made especially to showcase everything delicious about a cruelty-free lifestyle!
BBQ Ribs at Willow
From start to delicious finish, you’ll adore everything about these mouthwatering seitan ribs.
At Willow, we use only the freshest ingredients, working hard to create every perfect bite from scratch. Every element of these ribs stands testament to that effort. The housemade seitan perfectly imitates the texture of real meat, providing a great gateway for those new to the lifestyle. As the seitan roasts, we generously coat it with our unique BBQ glaze.
This meal will have you licking your fingers before you even turn to the sides!
Again, this meal demonstrates the beautiful balance between nutrition and indulgence. Garlic broccoli brings a fresh contrast to the sticky-sweetness of the ribs. For a salty finish, munch away on the complimentary side of hand-cut fries.
Without a doubt, these vegan BBQ ribs make the perfect meal for the heat of summertime. Savory and sweet, filling and fresh, these ribs will meet every one of your cravings!
BBQ Vegan Ribs at Home
Seitan may not be the easiest recipe, but once you’ve mastered it, it is guaranteed to make its way into your regular meal rotation. If you’re ready for a challenge, look no further than this simplified recipe for BBQ vegan ribs.
|1 1/2 cup of vital wheat gluten|
1 cup of vegetable broth
2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
2 teaspoons liquid smoke
2 tablespoons smoked paprika
|1 tablespoon onion powder|
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 teaspoon cumin
1 container of your favorite BBQ sauce
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, combine all of your dry ingredients. Stir together until they are thoroughly mixed.
- Using your hands, create a small well in the center of the bowl. Slowly stir in your vegetable broth a few spoonfuls at a time, working until all your ingredients form a solid dough. Lastly, mix in your liquid smoke.
- Take the dough from the bowl and carefully knead in your minced garlic.
- Form the dough into a large, rectangular shape similar to that of a rack of ribs. For an even improved appearance, use the side of a wooden spoon to further shape the dough, adding horizontal stripes to cut down later.
- Place the seitan on a baking sheet and coat one side in BBQ sauce. Place in the oven and roast for ten minutes.
- Remove the seitan from the oven, flip, and evenly coat the opposite side in more sauce. Return to the oven and cook for an additional fifteen minutes.
- Take the seitan from the oven, allow to cool, then cut into long, horizontal strips.
- Enjoy your finished meal! This meal is best served hot, so dig in as soon as it is cool enough to eat.
Challenging Meals Made Easy with Willow
One of the most difficult parts of a cruelty-free lifestyle can be finding meat substitutes even carnivores enjoy. Just as you hate being relegated to a plain salad at family gatherings, so do you often dread having to coax meat-eating friends to give your favorite vegan meal a try!
This is where Willow shines brightest.
Our fully inclusive menu guarantees something for everyone to enjoy. While vegans will relish the opportunity to choose from a full menu without fear, even the pickiest eaters will be awed by the variety offered in every category. From starters to entrees to the sweet finish, everyone can find something to love.