It’s no secret that a well-chosen glass of vegetable juice can provide an amazing burst of health and energy to your day. Of all the hearty, nutrient-rich options available, few contain quite as many benefits as a chilled glass of flavorful carrot juice. Now, with help from Willow and this easy carrot juice recipe, you can enjoy every drop, fresh-squeezed, without the cost of expensive juicing equipment.
Willow, conveniently located in the hip Chelsea neighborhood, takes pride in helping you make the most of your cruelty-free lifestyle. Whether you’re looking for a quick, easy meal or trying your hand at a challenging new dish, juice, or mocktail, you’ll find no better option than any of these recipes, designed by the very same minds that created the crowd-pleasing Willow menu!
Easy Carrot Juice Recipe for Home
The benefits of fresh juice over store-bought are countless: better flavor, higher fiber, and heightened nutritional value. Unfortunately, for many without easy access to a high-quality health food store, more obscure options like carrot juice may seem difficult to find.
Now, with this easy, step-by-step recipe, you can enjoy all the same earthy flavor and amazing health benefits right from the comfort of your own kitchen.
At first glance, you may notice that this juice contains more than just carrots. This is for very good reason! Though delicious, carrot juice on its own can have an overpowering flavor. What’s more, the low water content present within just a handful of carrots can mean that in order to make just a cup, you may find yourself battling guilt at the associated waste.
This juice was designed with balance in mind, helping you gain all the top benefits of carrot juice with the added burst of vitamin C and flavor that only fresh orange and ginger can provide!
- 4 medium carrots
- 3 large oranges
- 1 thumb ginger (more or less to taste)
- Handful of ice cubes
- To start, strip away any possible dirt by either peeling or heavily scrubbing off the outside layer of your carrots. Remove all greenery, and cut the carrots into chunks roughly four inches long.
- Fill a medium mixing bowl with water, and allow the carrot pieces to soak for at least thirty minutes. This will give the carrots the opportunity to reach full capacity, making for easier blending and producing even more juice.
- Strain out the water, setting aside roughly two cups for later.
- Place the carrots, ginger, and ice cubes into the blender. Blend thoroughly, until all ingredients have been reduced to a smooth pulp. Though not strictly necessary, the ice plays an important role here, keeping the carrots cold to prevent them from incidentally “cooking” from the heat of the blender.
- Place a fine strainer over your chosen pitcher. Pour the contents of the blender through the strainer, working slowly. Use a spatula to press down any remaining pulp against the strainer, removing all possible juice. This pulp can either be discarded or saved for later recipes.
- Cut the oranges in half, squeezing them through the strainer as well.
- From here, sample the juice, adding more water if the flavor still feels overpowering. Adjust the juice as necessary until you’ve reached the perfect balance!
Benefits of a Carrot Juice Blend
The key to making the most of this amazing juice is finding the perfect blend.
Though carrot juice has a naturally earthy, delicious flavor, on its own, it can be intense. Without many of its own natural sugars, it can often have a slightly bitter aftertaste, turning away many who could otherwise benefit from its heart-healthy benefits.
To balance this bitterness and make the most of every drop, take a tip from the Willow kitchen, and blend this juice alongside sweeter flavors that maintain the perfect balance.
We choose to mix our carrot juice with the flavors of fresh apples, which sweeten the blend without compromising any of the natural undertones. A generous serving of ginger heightens the senses, adding a uniquely refreshing kick to every sip.
Unexpected, creative, and designed to inspire a sense of deeper curiosity, this juice is sure to have you begging for more.
Wholesome Options at Willow in NYC
At Willow, we take care to use only the freshest, most locally-sourced ingredients possible in every cruelty-free meal, cocktail, or delicious juice.
Make the most of every moment with a dining experience at Willow! Sit back and relax in our comforting environment, sampling all the flavors of our full menu for yourself. Not feeling up to a night on the town? Take advantage of our online ordering system to enjoy a meal for pickup or delivery.
No matter how you choose to dine, do so with Willow!