Cucumber Juice Recipes from Willow in NYC
All fruit juices come with their own unique benefits, but few contain as much hydrating power as sweet, mild cucumber juice. Packed with minerals yet only holding a small percentage of the sugar present in other popular juices, this beverage is the perfect addition to any garden party, picnic, or morning breakfast. Now, with help from Willow and this simple cucumber juice recipe, it’s never been easier to fit this drink into your regular routine!
As always, Willow is ready to show how simple and delicious a cruelty-free lifestyle can be! The newest in our series of at-home recipes is a breeze to make, light in calories, and high in nutrition. It’s the perfect offering for whoever you may want to treat, from child to adult! Don’t hesitate to sample any delicious juices on the full Willow menu for more inspiration.
To sample the flavors for yourself, step down to our gorgeous Chelsea location and explore our full menu, or place an order for pickup or delivery today.
Healthy Cucumber Juice at Willow
On its own, plain cucumber juice may not be bursting with sweet flavor, but that doesn’t mean it is not bursting with benefits! Studies have proven that in addition to keeping you hydrated, cucumber juice is effective in lowering blood sugar, maintaining blood pressure, and promoting healthy cholesterol levels. Some studies have even shown it as a powerful cancer inhibitor!
With only sixteen calories per glass, this beverage is a fantastic alternative to high-calorie, sugary juices or cocktails, making it the perfect pour for those hoping to reach a healthy weight. Additionally, its anti-inflammatory properties are enriched with all the vitamins helpful in combating arthritis pain.
With all these benefits, you may wonder why this drink is not on every menu? But our chefs rise to the occasion, showcasing the depth of their creativity to bring this cool refreshing juice to life.
Our cucumber juice comes brightened with subtle tones of mint and lemon, providing a complex, unique twist to this classic beverage. Come over to Willow and enjoy cucumber juice as you’ve never seen it before!
Easy, Breezy Cucumber Recipe
Ready to try the flavor for yourself? Even without a juicer, this recipe is a breeze! With just a little effort and some quick planning, you’ll soon find yourself hooked on the simple joys of a fresh squeeze glass of juice every morning.
|2 large English cucumbers|
1 cup of water
|1 green apple|
- Start by washing and thoroughly drying the cucumber. As long as you use an English cucumber, there is no need to peel; the skin on this cucumber is incredibly thin.
- Carefully grate the cucumber into a cheese cloth. Make sure to maintain a firm grasp to avoid accidentally cutting your fingers on the blade.
- Similarly, wash and grate the apple.
- Place the cheese cloth over a large bowl, and draw the edges together, forming a bag shape. Starting at the top, gently squeeze the cloth, pushing the pureed fruits to the bottom of the “bag” and squeezing out the juice.
- After extracting as much juice as possible, discard the pulp.
- Combine the water and juice, adjusting the proportions as necessary. To finish, squeeze the lime into the cucumber juice to brighten the flavors. This juice is good in the fridge for up to three days, but we doubt you’ll go that long before finishing it to the last drop!
More Treats, Waiting at Willow
If you’re too busy to prepare this drink from scratch, treat yourself to a fresh, delicious glass of juice at Willow! Conveniently located in Chelsea, our gorgeously decorated bistro is the perfect setting for a long, relaxing lunch break.
Feeling hungry? No problem! We are ready and waiting with all your favorite classics, prepared without the use of any animal products:
- Our signature New England “Clam” Chowder served with oyster mushrooms, onions, celery, potatoes, bac’n bits, chives, baguette crostini
- The crowd-pleasing Marinara Flatbread, topped with “mozzarella,” red onions, kalamata olives, seared oyster mushrooms, and a sprinkling of fresh basil
- For your meal, enjoy “Scallop” Cacio e Pepe with organic semolina linguine, oyster mushroom “scallops,” wakame, creamy “parmesan” sauce, cracked black pepper, evoo, parsley
On the busiest days of the week, it can be hard to muster up the energy to go out. Enjoy taking advantage of our pickup and delivery options, and then explore our menu to order today!