There are few better ways to end a long, exhausting day than a glass of wine. For many New York diners, this has proven a difficult challenge, as the Kosher wine selection is nonexistent. But with our carefully sourced selection and this guide to the best Kosher wines from Wilow in NYC, you can relax into a cruelty-free, Kosher glass of wine, free from fear or concern.
At Willow, we offer far more than just vegan food; we are a true dining experience. As such, we take great pride in every item on our extensive, inclusive menu. With kosher and gluten-free options– each as delicious and carefully prepared as every other item on our menu– we hope to provide a safe space, one in which people of all backgrounds can come together to bond over a shared plate and decadent glass of wine.
Kosher Wines at Willow
At Willow, we understand the pain that often comes with adopting a lifestyle that goes against the mainstream. Behind our accepting doors, feel free to always dine, sip, or relax in peace. In addition to an assortment of carefully curated kosher meals, the genius minds behind our full menu have selected two decadent kosher wines, perfect for pairing.
With this light white and playful wine, you’ll have everything you need to complete your perfect evening out.
Twin Suns, Cabernet Sauvignon (2021), California
This kosher cabernet sauvignon is one for the ages. Bold and structured, it’s perfect for anyone craving an intense, indulgent flavor. However, this doesn’t mean the Twin Suns Cabernet Sauvignon is simple. Rather, its jaw-dropping flavors work alongside one another, creating a symphony of flavor that is impossible to forget.
Sweet black cherry adds a layer of sophistication and playfulness, with dark notes of oak in every sip. From here, a hint of vanilla introduces itself, calling for the drinker’s attention with gentle, smooth notes of flavor.
Bold without being overpowering, this wine is only improved by the company of a cruelty-free meal.
Pairing this wine must be done carefully. You should look for meals with loud, bold flavors that can stand their own in the face of this powerful wine. However, avoid the trap of especially salty dishes, which may be so overpowering as to hide the notes of vanilla.
Allow us to suggest:
- Our grilled balsamic chick’n sandwich, served with a choice of hand-cut fries or a side salad; this meal comes complete with smoked “provolone,” “prosciutto,” tomatoes, red onions, arugula, pesto aioli, and a drizzle of aged balsamic
- The crowd-pleasing grilled Chunk Steak™ Filet made decadent through truffle velouté, potato pavé, haricot verts, balsamic caviar, chives, and roasted cherry tomatoes
- The comforting Willow Smashburger, stacked high with two smashed burger patties, “cheddar,” avocado, chipotle aioli, and sunny side “egg,” all between a brioche bun
Twin Suns, Buttery Chardonnay (2022), California
Craving a glass of wine but looking for something a little less bold? Look no further than the Twin Suns buttery chardonnay.
The opposite side of the coin from our kosher cabernet sauvignon, this wine is soft and gentle across the palette, as buttery in texture as the name would suggest. Perfectly balancing notes of sweet and tart flavors, every glass comes with smooth notes of melon and white peach. The effect is a gentle, accessible wine sure to become beloved by even the newest connoisseur of fine wines.
To pair this glass, we suggest looking for dishes that will highlight its fun, “buttery” nature. Though seafood makes the most typical pairing, at Willow, we offer a jaw-dropping assortment of cruelty-free seafood alternatives, sure to get your mouth watering for more.
Choose from among:
- “Salmon” Tartare, served fresh with an assortment of flavorful avocado, capers, dijon mustard, lemon, mayo, chives, and black truffle caviar, with a side of taro root chips
- Mini “Lobster” Rolls, flavored with Old Bay aioli, celery, dill, bibb lettuce, chives, housemade buttered roll
- New England “clam” chowder, made cruelty-free with oyster mushrooms, onions, celery, potatoes, bac’n bits, and chives, with a baguette crostini
- Smoked “salmon” toast sandwich, with layers of poached “egg,” capers, red onions, sliced radishes, lemon zest, chives, and grilled brioche
Unforgettable Evenings with Willow
There’s no reason to wait for a special occasion. With Willow’s cozy environment and elegant, innovative flair, every day is an event. And remember, to make sure your wine is kosher, simply look for the certification on the bottle, which may be an OU symbol or the Star-K symbol.