Vegan Apple Juice at Willow in NYC
In many ways, following a cruelty-free lifestyle has never been easier; in many others, it can still be quite difficult. While modern grocery stores tend to come fully stocked with easy, delicious options, the excess of overprocessed foods also means that it’s difficult to trust that seemingly innocent foods are cruelty-free. Luckily, there are solutions! With the help of some simple recipes and vegan apple juice at Willow, you can dine without worry.
The professionally trained chefs at Willow are dedicated to proving a simple fact: a cruelty-free lifestyle can be every bit as delicious as it is freeing. Every one of our incredible meal options has been designed with health in mind, with a menu filled with completely vegan options that still offer the variety of a traditional restaurant. No matter the guest or preference, Willow is waiting and ready to serve you!
For more inspiration, explore our full menu to see what the fresh minds of the Willow kitchen have chosen to add. Ready to sample the flavors for yourself? Place an order for pickup or delivery, and allow us to bring all the flavor right to your door.
Willow’s Vegan Apple Juice
Unfortunately, not every juice is made equal. Similarly, not every pre-packaged apple juice is actually safe for cruelty-free consumption. A careful examination of the ingredients in most commercially-made apple juices will reveal that, alongside minimal fresh juice, the package contains a series of sugars and flavors made using animal products.
Thankfully, for every problem that might impose on a cruelty-free lifestyle, Willow is ready with a creative, delicious solution!
Just like with every item on our inclusive menu, Willow’s apple juice is made using only the freshest, locally-sourced ingredients, ensuring a safe vegan dining experience. What’s more, our chefs enhance this juice with a special flair, adding a touch of extra flavor for something truly special.
This “flair” comes through a spark of fresh, earthy carrots and mildly spicy ginger in our housemade apple juice. As bright as a cocktail without the sting of alcohol, even those who might otherwise turn away from sugary juices are bound to love this unique blend of flavors!
Fresh Apple Juice at Home
Just one sip of this cool, refreshing juice is enough to spark your curiosity and light the way for future cravings. Follow this urge all the way to delicious, fresh-squeezed juice with the help of this simple recipe!
Once you get the hang of recipes like this, it is only a matter of time before you’re ready to try experimenting with blends all your own.
No juicer? No problem! Though a juicer definitely speeds along the process, we tailor this recipe– as with all our others– with inclusivity in mind. In doing so, we hope to ensure that everyone has the same access to healthy, fresh foods and drinks.
|7 green apples|
- There are many ways to prepare fresh apple juice without a juicer, but for this recipe, we choose to use the “boil method.” Start by placing a large pot of water over the stove. Fill the bottom of the pot with just a few inches of water. The idea here is not to submerge the apples– which may result in a watery juice– but to provide a bed in which the apples can easily dissolve.
- As you bring the water to a low boil, wash and slice your beets. Cut them into either quarters or slightly smaller chunks, which will allow them to cook down quickly. Place the beets in the water and cook for around five minutes or so.
- While the beets begin to cook, wash and core your apples. Cut them either in half and place them in the pot alongside the beets.
- Cover the pot and allow the apples and beets to cook on low heat until they are both fully heated and falling apart. Reduce the heat and allow it to cool to an easily manageable temperature.
- Place a cheesecloth and/or strainer over the opening of a large bowl. Carefully, pour the contents of the pot into the pot, allowing the contents of the water into the bowl. If using a cheesecloth, gently squeeze the remaining pulp to extract as much of the juice as possible.
- Taste your juice, and adjust as necessary! A touch of cinnamon or a single squeeze of lemon juice goes a long way in enhancing the flavors of this sweet, earthy juice.
A Full Meal at Willow
In our restaurant, you can rest easy knowing that all your old, childhood favorites are prepared using only high-quality, cruelty-free ingredients. Come on down to our Chelsea location to enjoy your meal, or take your meal on the go with help from our easy online and delivery options. Explore our menu and reach out today to discover your next favorite meal!