Vegan Cashew Cheesecake at Willow NYC
Every major city takes pride in its signature dishes, and the “Big Apple” is no different. From pizza to bagels, New York City has built a reputation for its savory meal options. When it comes to dessert, there is nothing more classic than a New York cheesecake. Now, you can enjoy every bite of this dessert cruelty-free with the vegan cashew cheesecake at Willow NYC!
Just like the city of its founding, Willow takes pride in serving up unforgettable American classics. As New York functions as the melting pot of the nation, Willow follows that same tradition, bringing global inspiration to all your favorite American dishes. By making every meal kosher-certified and cruelty-free, Willow turns comfort food on its head, elevating every bite to something altogether new! Curious about what Willow brings to the table for lunch and dinner? Explore our full menu to see all the creativity behind our full meal options. Come visit us in Chelsea or place an order for pickup or delivery today.
Willow’s Vanilla Bean Vegan Cashew Cheesecake
Just like every item on the Willow menu, our chefs put their heart and soul into every step of this cheesecake process. Their goal was to create a dessert inspired by the NYC classic, but with enough extra flair to keep dinner guests coming back for more. Doubtlessly, they achieved their mission with this decadent vanilla bean vegan cashew cheesecake.
Always willing to take a risk on the unexpected, we begin each cheesecake with a crumble chocolate-chip cookie crust. A layer of decadent hot fudge adds another rich element of flavor, while chocolate coconut truffles deepen the flavor profile even further.
Though inspired by a classic, this is not your typical cheesecake.
With the combination of sweet and salty, vanilla and chocolate, every bite of this cheesecake promises to be a truly memorable experience. Best of all, it’s completely free of dairy! Regardless of whether you are kosher, vegan, or lactose-intolerant, you can finally indulge along with all other guests at your table.
Vegan Cashew Cheesecake Recipe for Home
Though years of practice and study went into Willow’s cheesecake, there is no reason you can’t try your own. With an abundance of simpler options to choose from, you can easily wow your guests with a homemade vegan dessert– or simply eat every bite yourself!
|1 cup of macadamia nuts|
1 cup of walnuts
1/ cup of pitted dates
3 cups of raw cashews
1/3 cup of almond milk
1/3 cup of water
|3/4 cup of maple syrup|
1/2 cup of melted coconut oil
1 splash of lemon juice
1 splash of vanilla extract
A sprinkling of kosher salt
- Before starting your preparation, it is important to let your raw cashews soak in water. This allows them to more easily stick together, forming the filling of your vegan cashew cheesecake. Ideally, these cashews should soak overnight, but if you are short on time, you can bring a pot of water to a boil and pour it over your cashews first, letting them soak for at least one hour.
- In a food processor, combine your walnuts, macadamia nuts, and dates. Blend until they have combined to form a somewhat sticky dough that resembles ground graham cracker cookies.
- Line an 8-inch pan with parchment paper (or use a nonstick spray), then press your crumbled mixture into the bottom. Allow some to fill the bottom edges of the pan for that signature New York cheesecake shape. Place in the freezer to set.
- Using a food processor or blender, combine all remaining ingredients, and blend until thoroughly smooth. This process may take a few minutes. Be patient! For a smooth consistency, all ingredients must have time to combine into a smooth batter.
- Pour the cheesecake filling over your homemade crust, and then place it back into the freezer to set. This process could take anywhere from four to five hours.
- Once the cheesecake has had a chance to completely set, it’s time to serve! Add a spoonful of hot fudge, melted peanut butter, or rich fruit jam over the surface to truly elevate this dessert to another level.
Treat Yourself with Willow NYC
No matter your mood– happy or sad– everyone could always benefit from a boost. Treat yourself to that boost with dessert from Willow in NYC!
For a truly memorable dining experience, step into our conveniently located Chelsea location. Don’t feel up to a night out? Allow us to bring the flavor to your doorstep with help from our convenient online ordering system!