On a hot, steaming New York day, is there any lunch more refreshing than a crisp Cobb salad? This classically American salad typically includes hard-boiled eggs, fried chicken, and blue cheese, but with help from Willow, practitioners of a cruelty-free diet can enjoy every bite of this bistro favorite without compromising their values! Just come down to Chelsea and sit down to your next favorite lunch, the vegan Cobb salad at Willow NYC.
Willow takes American bistro classics, heightens every ingredient to an elegant finish, then turns them on their head with a fresh, vegan flair! With our entirely inclusive menu and creative touch, every New Yorker can enjoy the same level of service and flavor.
Willow’s Fresh Vegan Cobb Salad
As always, our Cobb salad starts with crisp, farm-fresh vegetables. A bed of romaine lettuce sets the stage for this salad; bright Roma tomatoes add a pleasing “pop” of color as well as a burst of fresh flavor. From here, finely chopped red onions add a peppery bite and sharp contrast to the mild flavor and soft texture of fresh avocado slices.
Rather than turning to heavy meat options, our chefs keep this salad vegan with the help of cruelty-free “bac’n” and “feta” alternatives. We use pan-seared, vegan “chick’n” to keep this dish just as salty, satisfying, and filling. The warm, crispy chick’n perfectly contrasts the cool, crisp veggies.
Warm and cool, peppery and mild, this dish somehow manages to do it all!
A drizzle of “blue cheese” dressing melds all the complex flavors into a single, unified dish. This is one hefty salad, guaranteed to keep you full all day long!
Vegan Cobb Salad Recipe
Salads don’t have to be boring. With just a few steps, you will have no problem recreating this Willow classic from home! Fantastic as a packed lunch, party dish, or side to dinner, this simple recipe is sure to become one of your next favorite go-to’s.
|1 ripe avocado|
1/2 cup of thinly sliced hearts of palm
1/2 cup of green bean slivers
1 shallot, finely diced
1 red grapefruit cut into segments
2 baby radishes finely sliced
1 tablespoon finely sliced mint
1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh ginger
1/4 of red chilli finely chopped
|6oz cooked black forbidden rice|
3 cilantro sprigs
~Agave Lime Dressing~
- Begin by chopping your romaine lettuce, then thoroughly washing and drying the leaves. If possible, use a salad spinner to ensure the leaves are fully dry and crisp.
- Finely chop your red onion into long, thin slivers. Dice your two avocados into bite-sized cubes.
- In a pan, sautee your chick’n strips until fully cooked through. Feel free to use your favorite seasonings to add your own unique kick to this ingredient! We suggest dill and lemon pepper, which perfectly pair with the classic blue-cheese dressing.
- Finally, assemble your salad. For an extra “aesthetic” touch, try layering your colorful ingredients in a single line over the surface of your fresh romaine lettuce. Party-goers and dinner guests alike will be wowed by the gorgeous spectrum of colors atop their plates!
Bonus Recipe: Vegan Blue Cheese Dressing
Feeling extra adventurous? Try tackling this new recipe for vegan blue cheese dressing! Take control of every ingredient and flavor until you’ve created a dressing you won’t be able to put away.
|1 cup silken tofu|
1 tablespoon of nutritional yeast flakes
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
|2 tablespoons white miso paste|
1/3 cup firm tofu
Onion powder, garlic powder, dill (to taste)
- Combine silken tofu, vinegar, nutritional yeast flakes, lemon juice, and white miso into a food processor, and blend until smooth.
- Crumble your firm tofu into small chunks. Slowly stir these into your smooth dressing. This will add to the visual appeal of your finished dressing, creating that classic “chunky” texture so many associate with “blue cheese” dressing.
- Here’s where the fun begins! Use the seasonings listed above or any others to add a burst of flavor to your homemade dressing. Experiment with different proportions until you have exactly the taste you have been craving.
Fresh Flavors with the Experts at Willow
A dish is only as good as its ingredients; at Willow, we take advantage of the freshest veggies, herbs, and ideas to create meals you won’t soon forget!
Whether you’re looking for a light salad, a hearty meal, or a sweet finish to a sour day, you’ll find your fix at Willow. Explore our full menu, come down to our comforting bistro-style restaurant, or place an order for pickup or delivery.