Edible Vegan Cookie Dough Recipe
While everyone loves the rich taste of cookies straight from the oven, it can occasionally be just as satisfying to enjoy that same flavor without the work of baking. The feeling of being able to reach into your fridge at the end of a long day, pull out a tub of chilled cookie dough, and eat it with a spoon is especially comforting. Now, with this vegan cookie dough recipe that’s edible, you can enjoy that same feeling, cruelty-free!
Willow in NYC is always ready with the latest tips and tricks for how to live your life deliciously vegan. To enjoy more innovative, kosher-certified bistro classics, check out our menu or place an order for takeout today!
Vegan Cookie Dough Recipe
As a child, you may have grown up hearing your elders preaching the dangers of raw cookie dough: salmonella, upset stomach, and even the dreaded E. Coli bacteria. While many of us may have still snuck the occasional spoonful despite this advice, we did so at our own peril. These weren’t empty threats; according to the CDC, raw cookie dough can be a major source of food poisoning. Luckily, with this completely safe, edible vegan cookie dough recipe, you can enjoy your guilty pleasure without fear! The source of the danger in traditional cookie dough lies in two key elements: uncooked flour and raw eggs. By taking care to prepare your flour and leaving out the eggs entirely, you should have no problem creating a deliciously edible cookie dough perfect for your next cozy night in. Best of all, this recipe is 100% vegan, making it a great addition to your dessert routine!
|1 2/3 cup of all-purpose flour|
1 stick of vegan butter
4 tablespoons of plant milk
1 1/3 cup of brown sugar
|1 teaspoon vanilla extract|
A pinch of kosher salt
1 cup of dark chocolate chips (optional)
- Before taking any steps, it’s important to fully heat your flour at a temperature high enough to kill any germs or bacteria. The easiest way to do so is through the use of a microwave. Simply place your flour in the microwave and heat for around two minutes until it has reached about 170 degrees. To be especially cautious, we suggest using a food thermometer to double-check it is thoroughly heated and is ready for use.
- In a large bowl, use a hand mixer to combine your brown sugar and softened vegan butter, beating until the mixture is creamy and almost whipped. Add your vanilla, salt, and chocolate chips, if you choose to include them.
- Slowly incorporate the treated flour, adding a 1/2 cup at a time until all your ingredients are fully mixed. At this point, you can begin adding plant milk; add as much as you need to create the perfect, moist consistency.
- Chill for a minimum of one hour, then enjoy!
From here, you can roll this dough into easily snackable cookie-dough balls, enjoy it with a spoon, or freeze for up to two months for the perfect late-night snack. Try freezing the finished product, dividing it into slices, and drizzling it with dark chocolate for an elevated take on this classic comfort food. Best enjoyed straight from the fridge or freezer, this sweet treat should remain fresh for weeks, making it an easy part of long-term meal prep.
It really is just that easy!
Vegan Cookie Dough with a Twist
Though the most popular flavor for this edible vegan cookie dough recipe is the classic chocolate chip, its versatile nature means you’ll have no problem creating your own personal favorite with just a few edits! All it takes is a few easy substitutions.
If you’re craving a little variety in your vegan cookie dough, try switching out the dark chocolate chips for:
- Cinnamon, white sugar, and a sprinkling of nutmeg
- Powdered peanut butter and a handful of roasted peanuts
- Roasted walnuts and vegan caramel baking chips
- Macadamia nuts and a splash of extra vanilla
No matter what your mood, you can meet it with a few simple switches to this classic vegan cookie dough recipe.
Enjoying a Cruelty-free Night In
Don’t forget to enjoy a healthy dinner before diving into your new favorite late-night dessert! To complete your perfect, cozy night in, enjoy some take-out from Willow.
Our bistro takes classic comfort foods like burgers, pasta, and wings, and elevates them with a twist, creating completely vegan versions of all your old favorites. Best of all, our food is made to travel; whether you’re enjoying your meal in the relaxing environment of our Chelsea location or taking your food to-go, you’ll be able to enjoy the same fresh, high-quality experience.
Check out our menu and place an order today to find out more about the big flavor Willow brings to the table!