Vegan Dumpling Recipe
It’s difficult to talk about Asian cuisine without thinking of one of its most beloved, versatile dishes: dumplings. All across the Asian continent– from India to Japan– every culture has a version of this delicious classic. Though often stuffed with meat, just a few simple switches can easily result in a completely cruelty-free version. Enjoy creating your own vegan dumpling recipe with help from Beyond Sushi!
Since its founding, Beyond Sushi has worked tirelessly to bring fresh, innovative meals to diners all over the NYC area and beyond. First and foremost, they strive to help patrons see the creativity and flavor that can truly lie within the realm of a cruelty-free, Earth-conscious diet.
Whether you’re dining in, carrying out, or creating your own delicious vegan recipes from scratch, allow Beyond Sushi to pave your way to an unforgettable meal! For more inspiration, check out our full menu or place an order for pickup/delivery today.
Innovative Vegan Dumpling Options at Beyond Sushi
At Beyond Sushi, we offer more than just tasty meals; we offer a variety of inspiring global flavors.
No matter your mood or craving, the creative minds behind our fully vegan menu guarantee you’ll find what you need.
New adopters of the plant-based lifestyle will love our ginger “beef” dumplings, the perfect way to satiate any lingering meat cravings. Impossible meat makes the bulk of every bite, creating a filling, savory substitute for traditional beef dumplings. Seasoned with ginger, green onions, and chili oil and stuffed with napa cabbage, you’ll have a hard time forgetting this hearty meal. A dark soy dipping sauce provides the perfect salty finish.
In the mood for something lighter? Try our delicate shiitake truffle dumpling.
This dumpling starts with a base of braised shiitake, tofu, spinach, and porcini mushrooms. From here, the dumplings are garnished with crisp micro arugula and toasted chili panko for an added crunch. A shiitake truffle and spicy bean sauce cement this dumpling’s role as one of the most flavorful items on our menu.
If you’re looking for a creative spin on this old classic, don’t discount the flavors behind the deceptively simple five-spice chick’n dumpling. Soy-based chick’n provides the perfect, mild base on which to pile the flavor: garlic, ginger, Chinese five spice, and scallions. A final yuzu glaze makes this truly irresistible dish one you won’t soon forget.
Vegan Dumpling Recipe
Ready to take on a new challenge? Look no further than this easy vegan dumpling recipe!
By starting with a simple base, you can easily follow similar steps to create your very own, unforgettable dish. Just substitute the filling with your own delicious vegan ingredients, play with flavors, and experiment until you have a meal you are proud to claim as your own.
Vegan Dumpling Wrappers
|2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour|
3/4 cup warm water
|1 teaspoon of salt|
A sprinkling of corn starch
- Combine your salt and flour in a medium-sized bowl. Using your hands, create a well in the center of the bowl.
- Pour the warm water into the well you’ve created, then use a fork or chopsticks to carefully mix in flour. Start with the inside of the well, working outwards until you’ve combined all the flour into the dough. From here, you may use your hands to knead the finished project.
- Shape the dough into a ball using your hands, cover, and allow to rest for around twenty-five minutes.
- Once the dough has rested, begin pinching away small portions of dough from the larger ball. Roll this dough between your hands, then flatten it to create the circular wrapper for your dumpling.
- Sprinkle a bit of corn starch and/ or flour on the outside of each dumpling wrapper to prevent it from sticking, then stack each wrapper inside a covered bowl to prevent it from drying out as you cook your filling.
- Carefully spoon your chosen filling into the wrapper, pinch the dumpling closed, then cook however suits your preference! These dumplings can be fried, steamed, or sauteed in a bit of oil for a light, golden-brown finish.
Vegan Dumpling Filling
The best part of these vegan dumplings is the filling is entirely up to you!
For most beginner’s dumplings, we suggest starting with a base of greens plus any vegan meat substitute. From here, season away!
Looking for something light? Try ground vegan “chick’n” crumbles with sauteed cabbage, seasoned to a lemon-pepper finish. Want a heartier filling? Try Impossible meat cooked down with steamed spinach, seasoned with teriyaki sauce for a sticky sweetness.
No matter your take, rest assured that practice will make perfect. The more dumplings you make, the more comfortable you will become with the process of stuffing, rolling, and steaming these deliciously versatile creations.
Seeking Inspiration with Beyond Sushi
A vegan lifestyle isn’t about deprivation. It is about making the right substitutions to enjoy an overall healthier lifestyle and cleaner planet.
For inspiration on how delicious vegan living can truly be, look no further than the full menu at Beyond Sushi. Our chefs have made it their life’s work to bring bold, innovative new flavors to play in every cruelty-free bite of our inclusive menu.
Ready to sample the flavors for yourself? Come to any of our restaurants, conveniently located all over the NYC area, or place an order for pickup or delivery today!