Vegan Ice Cream NYC at Willow
Is there any dessert more comforting than a warm pastry topped with melting, sweet ice cream? Now, with help from Willow in NYC, you can enjoy that same vegan ice cream treat without compromising any of your cruelty-free values.
The expert minds behind the Willow kitchen are fully dedicated to bringing fresh, vegan takes on all your favorite comfort foods, from appetizers to desserts. We use only the best ingredients and the most innovative vegan substitutions possible, bringing all our worldwide culinary experience on a small scale. Now, with our series of easy vegan recipes, you can enjoy that same creativity right from your own home kitchen!
To find out more about the big flavors Willow is bringing to New York City, explore our full menu. Place an order for pickup or delivery today, and allow us to bring the flavor right to your doorstep!
Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream
Perfect in isolation, topped with your favorite treats, or served as a side to a warm, flakey pastry, this homemade vegan vanilla ice cream is sure to become one of your favorite treats! Impress your friends and family with ice cream as they have never seen it before.
Fair warning: this recipe does require an ice cream maker to form effectively. Before starting this recipe, make sure the base of your ice cream maker has had a chance to fully freeze for at least ten hours before use.
|1 cup of raw cashews|
26 ounces of full-fat coconut milk
1 1/2 tablespoons of vanilla extract
|1 cup of coconut sugar|
1/2 teaspoon of sea salt
- Place your cashews in a bowl of lukewarm water and allow them to soak overnight. This process should allow them to absorb extra water, enabling them to take on a creamy texture once they have been blended.
- Blend all your ingredients together until they have taken on a fully smooth, creamy consistency. This may take several tries, as the cashews must be fully incorporated into the mixture.
- Remove this mixture, cover it, and place it in the refrigerator for at least four hours. If possible, allow it to sit overnight, so that the ingredients can fully form and take on the most consistent texture possible.
- Here, instructions may vary based on your ice cream maker. Follow the factory settings to turn this sweetened mixture into your very own vegan ice cream!
- Immediately after running this mixture through the machine, it may still be incredibly soft. If so, pour it into a square container, cover it, then allow it to sit in the fridge until it hardens. The mixture of coconut milk and cashews will prevent it from hardening too much to scoop out and enjoy as necessary!
Vegan Ice Cream Toppings
Looking for a new way to enjoy this delicious treat? Get creative by adding your own ingredients and mixing them into the ice cream to create your own vegan take on the classic rocky road!
Next time you’re in the grocery store, pick up:
- Walnuts, peanuts, or any other nutty protein
- Vegan marshmallows, perfect for a change of texture
- Dark chocolate chips
- Chopped Twizzlers or Swedish fish, which rely on corn syrup rather than gelatin for their gummy nature
- Cooked condensed milk, a great replacement for overly sticky caramel
Once you’ve created your unique blend, it’s time to turn to toppings! Look for dark chocolate fudge sauce, peanut sauce, or vegan whipped cream to drizzle over the surface of your Sunday. Top the dish with a maraschino cherry and savor every bite of your creation.
Vegan Ice Cream Desserts at Willow
For an example of vegan ice cream done right, stop in for a visit at Willow! Our vegan ice cream comes in two equally delicious flavors: vanilla and chocolate. Served either alone or on top of a variety of housemade desserts, this ice cream is guaranteed to impress.
Explore options like:
- Our very own vegan skillet cookie, topped with a generous helping of peanut sauce and decadent chocolate ice cream
- Our sticky toffee cake, stuffed with Medjool dates and finished off with toffee sauce and cold vanilla ice cream