Vegan Skillet Cookie in Willow NYC
Who says that cozy, comfort foods can’t also contain a hint of sophistication? With this vegan skillet cookie from Willow NYC, you’ll be reminded of all the best parts of childhood – but with an elevated twist.
Vegan baking is more than just a science; it is an art. When dining at Willow in NYC, you can rest assured that all your favorite dessert classics are completely free from eggs, butter, milk, or any other dairy that might make this culinary treat less than accessible. The chefs at Willow proudly place an extra level of care into every menu item, from appetizers to desserts.
Chef’s Cookie Skillet
Baking under a vegan lifestyle can often feel like a challenge. Without the proper practice and training, all too often cookies come out of the oven limp, oily, or flat, without any of the characteristic chewiness that makes the classic chocolate chip cookie so great.
Not anymore! With help from the expert chefs at Willow, you can have the best of both worlds. Enjoy every bite of this delicious comfort food without breaking from your cruelty-free lifestyle.
Our chef’s cookie skillet is served hot and fresh, still steaming from the oven. A drizzle of peanut butter sauce and roasted peanuts add a sticky, sweet flavor without overpowering the taste of the cookie itself. A heaping spoon of chocolate ice cream– vegan, of course– provides the perfect contrast, adding a cold element that only serves to make the fresh skillet cookie that much more delectable.
Finally, a sprinkle of sea salt awakens the senses, helping brighten the overall flavor and finish this dish off with a delicate crunch.
Vegan Skillet Cookie Recipe
Every great journey starts with a single step. Whether you are experienced in the vegan lifestyle or in the early stages of experimentation, you deserve the feeling of accomplishment that comes with meeting a challenge!
As you make your own vegan skillet cookie, remember that patience and practice truly do make perfect.
|3 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder
1 teaspoon of baking soda
2 1/2 cups of vegan butter
1 1/2 cups of brown sugar
|1 cup of coconut sugar
1 cup of soy milk
2 1/2 cups of dark chocolate chips
2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
Kosher salt for sprinkling
- Using a spare bit of vegan butter, grease the bottom of a cast iron skillet.
- Melt the remaining vegan butter, then combine it with your vegan milk, brown sugar, vanilla extract, and coconut sugar. If a stand mixer is available, beat the ingredients on medium speed for about three minutes. If not, mix using a whisk.
- Slowly add your dry ingredients to the wet, moving slowly and stirring constantly. Once your flour mixture has been fully integrated, add your chocolate chips.
- Press the cookie dough into the skillet until all the corners are filled, then sprinkle with kosher salt.
- Place your skillet into an oven that has been preheated to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Bake for 25 minutes, or until a toothpick emerges clean.
- After removing your skillet from the oven, top your cookie with an extra helping of vegan ice cream, peanut butter chips, or walnuts to add your own flair. Dig in! This dish is best enjoyed while hot.
Sweet Endings at Willow
Often, desserts tend to be a neglected portion of the meal, written off as less important than the entree or savory appetizers. At Willow, we know that a true dining experience is not complete until every guest has the opportunity to sample the perfect sweet finish!
Whether you identify as a “sweets person” or someone more drawn to the savory, you are sure to love any of our delicious desserts:
- Our Vanilla bean cashew cheesecake is served on a crumbled chocolate chip cookie crust and topped with mouthwatering hot fudge and chocolate coconut truffles.
- Every bite of our sticky toffee cake is stuffed with Medjool dates and finished off with toffee sauce and cold vanilla ice cream.
- Our banana pudding comes served with Madagascar vanilla cream, vanilla wafers, rich banana liquor, and delicious chocolate fudge sauce.
No matter your preference, you’ll find something to love on our full menu! Come enjoy a meal in our gorgeously designed restaurant or place an order for pickup/delivery to treat yourself to the sweeter things in life.
Like avocado, grapefruit is rich in many vitamins, including Vitamin C and A. However, it also provides potassium, thiamine, folate, and magnesium. Its sweetly tart flavor highlights the earthiness of other ingredients, while the color it adds to the dish creates an irresistible appearance. While it only provides a small amount of potassium, this nutrient is elevated by the inclusion of crisp baby radishes.
Whether you’re looking to join us at our restaurant on 8th Avenue in NYC or want to take advantage of our online ordering options; you can skip the cooking time and experience true vegan excellence.