Vegan Tiramisu Recipe
Of every classic dessert option, possibly none feel more delicate and decadent than the tiramisu. The perfect pairing of bitter coffee and sweet ladyfingers creates the ultimate marriage of flavors, culminating in a dessert that feels simultaneously satisfying and mature. Now, with the help of this vegan tiramisu recipe, you can enjoy every bite of your dessert, cruelty-free! Our expert chefs at Willow take pride in helping New Yorkers enjoy their favorite comfort foods, all prepared with the same love we show to our own families. In our fun bistro environment, you can relax in the knowledge that every menu option is prepared to the same exacting, cruelty-free standards. Explore our website to learn more about our exciting and ever-changing options!
Creating your Own Vegan Tiramisu
Classic tiramisu usually includes three major components: delicate ladyfingers, “cream” topping, and finely ground coffee. By layering these elements into a single dish, you can create a dessert that is as aesthetically pleasing as it is delicious. Our vegan tiramisu omits the usual heavy cream layers with healthier, dairy-free alternatives to create an inclusive dish every houseguest can enjoy. Feel free to savor every bite of this delicate dish, with its sweet combination of light coconut notes paired with the deeper intensity of dark coffee. As you cook, feel free to experiment with your own proportions, ingredients, and flavors; switch things up to make this treat as sweet or subtle as you like. Though this recipe may initially appear daunting, don’t worry! By compiling your favorite ingredients and taking it a single step at a time, you should have no problem whipping up this delicious treat in time for your next mid-afternoon cup of coffee.
3 cups of all-purpose flour
2 cups of oat milk
- Start by constructing your cake layers. Combine all dry ingredients and stir thoroughly. As you do, preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line two medium cake pans with oil or parchment paper.
- With a food processor or blender, combine all your wet ladyfinger ingredients, then slowly mix into your dry ingredients half a cup at a time. As you mix, stir constantly to avoid lumps in your finished product.
- Carefully pour your batter into the cake tin, and allow your cake to cook for twenty-five to thirty minutes, or until a toothpick pressed into the batter emerges clean. Once fully cooked, remove your cake from the oven and set it aside to cool completely.
- Next, begin your “cream” layer. Start by combining the oat milk, soaked cashews, syrup, vanilla extract, coffee, and sugar. Blend together until the resulting mixture is completely smooth and free of chunks.
- Remove the heavy cream from the top of your canned coconut milk and transfer it into a bowl. Using an electric mixer, whip this ingredient until it is light and fluffy. Alternatively, you can use pre-made vegan whipping cream. Slowly combine this fluff with your wet ingredients from the step before, using as much fluff as necessary to reach your desired consistency.
- Turning back to your fully cooked cakes, use a sharp knife to slice these cakes into small, rectangular portions, roughly one inch in width and three in length. Then soak in coffee.
- Now comes the fun part: assembling your dessert! In a separate container, layer strips of your cake with spoonfuls of coconut cream topping, experimenting with portions to create your new favorite dessert. For added aesthetic appeal, stack these layers in a clear baking dish, allowing guests to enjoy the beautiful appearance of this delicate dessert.
- For the final touch, sprinkle finely ground espresso, dark cocoa powder, or both along the top, creating a dessert that is as much fun to admire as it is to eat!
Enjoying Desserts With Willow
With delicious options like this, almost anyone can enjoy the fruits of a well-labored vegan dessert! That being said, not everyone derives the same amount of joy from breaking out the baking dishes. If you’d rather enjoy a sweet treat without all the fuss, turn to the experts at Willow.
In addition to delectable finger foods, soups, and salads, we provide showstopping desserts perfect to cap off any meal. Enjoy a meal in the comfortable atmosphere of our vegan bistro or take advantage of our easy online ordering system to take your dessert on the road.